Data privacy statement for the eCommerce portal
This data privacy statement provides you with information on the nature, scope and purpose of the processing of personal data when registering and using the eCommerce portal, as well as information on user rights. It is aimed explicitly at registered users and customers of our companies.
The portal gives you, as a user, an insight into your transaction data (e.g. current orders) at our companies, the aim being to provide you with an overview even outside of our business hours. We will gradually be expanding and improving the functions that the portal offers you.
Protecting your personal data is a matter that we take very seriously. Data is processed in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation. Wieland Metalix AG passes on information within the Wieland Group which is necessary for the fulfilment of a contract. This may result in the collected data being passed on to Wieland employees in countries which, in Switzerland's view, do not have adequate data protection legislation. However, in such cases Wieland Metalix AG has implemented appropriate guarantees to ensure adequate protection of personal data. Here you will find a list of Wieland companies throughout the world: www.wieland.com/en/company/wieland-worldwide
Your personal data will not be passed on to third parties outside of the Wieland Group for purposes other than those listed below. We will only pass your personal data on to third parties if:
- you have given your explicit consent,
- dissemination is necessary in order to establish, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in your data not being disseminated,
- there is a statutory obligation to disseminate the data and
- this is permitted by law and is necessary for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
Wieland Metalix AG, Gurzelenstrasse 5, 4512 Bellach and the other affiliated companies of the Wieland Group; for further information, please refer to our data privacy statement at https://www.wieland-metalix.com/en/privacy-policy
You can contact our data protection officer at: email@example.com to top
When our portal page is accessed by the browser used on your device, information is automatically sent to our website server. This information is stored temporarily in what is known as a log file. The following information is recorded without any intervention on your part and is stored until it is automatically deleted:
- User’s IP address
- User’s Internet Service Provider
- Date and time of access
- Page on our website that is accessed/name of the file accessed,
- Websites from which the user's system reaches our website
- Websites accessed by the user's system via our website
- Volume of data transmitted,
- Message as to whether access/retrieval was successful
- Browser and operating system used and
- Session ID used
- Truncated IP address for geographical recognition
- Form content (for free text fields, e.g. name and password, only the label “completed” or “not completed” is transferred).
We process this data for the following purposes:
- To ensure that a connection with the website can be established without any problems,
- To ensure that our website is easy to use,
- To evaluate system security and stability, as well as
- For other administrative purposes and
- To detect misuse and rectify faults
This data is not stored together with any other personal data concerning the user. Storage is only temporary, i.e. for a maximum of 3 days, unless longer storage is required for security reasons.
The legal basis for this data processing overriding public or private interest. Our overriding interest results from the data collection purposes listed above. We will not, under any circumstances, use the data collected in order to draw conclusions as to your identity.back to top
To facilitate the functional use of the portal, we use what are known as “cookies” (also “session cookies”) for your session in order to make your visit to our website more pleasant. These are small text files which are stored on your hard disk, only for the duration of your visit to our website, and which are deleted again when you close your browser. These cookies do not affect your computer or your files and do not retrieve any information about you stored on your hard drive. The data processed using cookies is required for the aforementioned purposes in order to protect our overriding interests.
Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can, however, disable the storage of cookies in your browser's security settings, or configure your browser so that it notifies you when cookies are sent. Naturally, the data stored in our cookies is not linked to your personal data (name, address, etc.).
If you do not want cookies to be stored on your computer, please deactivate the corresponding option in your browser's system settings. Stored cookies can be deleted in the browser system settings. Disabling cookies can restrict the website functions and the form fields.
Data in the contact fields is transmitted using a secure connection.back to top
We use the services offered by the German company Webtrekk GmbH to collect statistical data about the use of our website and to optimise the services we offer accordingly. The tracking measures we use are performed on the basis of overriding interests. When collecting and processing tracking data, Webtrekk GmbH is committed to complying with the data protection and data security regulations in line with the latest standards at all times.
We use these tracking measures to ensure that our website is designed to meet the needs of our users and is optimised on an ongoing basis. Access data is collected after being rendered anonymous so that it cannot be traced back to a specific user. This is done by rendering the IP address anonymous. Only authorised individuals have access to this anonymised data. These interests are to be regarded as overriding within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
You can find more information on Webtrekk’s data protection at: https://www.webtrekk.com/en/legal/opt-out-webtrekk/.back to top
The following data is collected in connection with the one-off registration process:
- First name, surname/li>
- e-mail address
- Preferred language
Apart from the registered user, the only people who have access to this data - except the password - are the master user, the portal admin users and the responsible sales staff.
The collection and processing of the registration data provided voluntarily is necessary for contractual performance and to implement pre-contractual measures so that users can use the portal and access the personalised areas. We process this personal data to protect our overriding interests.back to top
If you have given your explicit consent, we will use your e-mail address to occasionally send you information about the eCommerce portal and news, and to be able to contact you if you have any questions in this regard. If you have granted us your consent, we will also occasionally send you industry-specific product information, our newsletter and invitations to trade fairs and events.
You can unsubscribe at any time, for example via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you are also welcome to unsubscribe at any time by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The data transmitted is only passed on to our technical service providers and partner companies that we use for the technical processing of the newsletter dispatch. In these cases, however, the scope of the data transmitted is limited to extent that is absolutely necessary. Our service provider for the newsletter dispatch is the German company sc-networks.com, with its software Evalanche.
If you have given us your consent to contact you by telephone or post, we will only use this data for the aforementioned purposes. You can contact us using the contact details we have specified at any time to inform us that you no longer wish to be contacted in his manner, without having to give reasons for your decision.back to top
We process and save personal data in accordance with the principles of data avoidance and data economy, i.e. only for the period required to achieve the purpose of storage (e.g. to answer enquiries, for contractual performance, use of the portal, existing consent) or insofar as this was provided for by legal provisions to which our company is subject.
If the purpose of storage ceases to apply or the statutory storage period expires, the personal data is routinely blocked or erased in accordance with the statutory provisions. The storage period criterion corresponds to the applicable statutory retention period.back to top
Every data subject has the following rights:
- to request information about the personal data concerning you that is processed by us. In particular, you can request information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the source of your data if it was not collected from you, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, where appropriate, meaningful information on the related details;
- to immediately request that any incorrect personal data that has been saved by us is rectified, or that any incomplete data that has been saved by us is completed;
- to request the deletion of your personal data that is stored with us, unless this data has to be processed to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, on the grounds of public interest or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse to have the data deleted and we no longer require the data, but if you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or if you have filed an objection to processing;
- to revoke your consent vis-á-vis us at any time. This means that we are no longer allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future
- If your personal data is processed on the basis of overriding interests, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation or if the objection is to direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection which we will implement without requiring information on a particular situation.
If you would like to assert your rights vis-á-vis us, simply send an e-mail to email@example.com You can also contact us informally using the contact details provided above.back to top